The Misssionary Church of Kopimism, has now been officially recognized by Sweden as a religion. If You can copy and paste, you can be a member. File sharing is also another tenet of this new and technology based religion.
as described in Wikipedia……..
The Missionary Church of Kopimism, founded by 19-year-old philosophy student Isak GersonT, is a congregation of file sharers who claim that copying information is a sacred virtue. The Church, based in Sweden, has been officially recognized by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (“kammarkollegiet”) as a religious community, after three application attempts.
The followers of the religion are called Kopimists from copy me. According to the church, “In our belief, communication is sacred.” No belief in gods or supernatural phenomena is mentioned on their web site. CTRL+C and CTRL+V, familiar to those with rudimentary computing skills as the shortcut keys for “Copy” and “Paste,” are considered sacred symbols.
January 5, 2012, Kopimism was accepted by Sweden as a legitimate religion. The religion’s association with illegal file sharing has been said to not be a sign that file sharing that steps beyond legal borders will be excused from Sweden’s zero-tolerance approach to the matter.
- File Sharing Becomes Official Religion in Sweden (blackrockstar.wordpress.com)
- The catechysm of Kopimism: file-sharing in Sweden (ipkitten.blogspot.com)
- This Just In: File-Sharing is a Religion (volokh.com)
- File Sharing Becomes Official Religion in Sweden (odditycentral.com)
- File Sharing Is Now An Official Religion In Sweden (gizmodo.com.au)
- Sweden recognises new file-sharing religion Kopimism – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Sweden Recognises New ‘File-sharing Religion’ (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Kopimism: the world’s newest religion explained (newscientist.com)
- Sweden Formally Recognizes Piracy as Religion (escapistmagazine.com)
- Sweden Recognizes File Sharing as an Official Religion (techland.time.com)